Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mint? first day issue blocks of four



I don't really know if it's OK to call these mint or not. However, the first day issue blocks of 4 that I have seem to be of the same kind of item as the one Doug is selling. I do now by fact that the ones I have were purchased by my grandmother at the Argentine central post office. They would sell you on the first day issue, blocks of four not attached to any envelope, that they would
cancel for collectors. I guess it could have been a custom worldwide in the 50's and early 60's? Maybe?

All comments are welcome.

-----------
Details

Scott Argentina Catalog no. CB 20 63. Date 1960 (Semi-postal issue)
6 pesos + 3 pesos grey

Concordance = Stanley Gibbons Catalog no. 983.

2 comments:

Telefone VoIP said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

layla said...

This post looks to be a bit old, and I am a relatively new collector, though my father and grandfather have collected for quite some time and I have inherited a mountain of albums I have been searching through. A stamps I found loose that caught my interest was a plain, light brown print on beige wove paper, I think, and shows the words "CORREOS", BUENOS AIRES, and "in" which I took according to Scott's catalogue to be the equivalent of "1" in numerical denominations. A picture of a steam ship is in the middle, and I only have a catalog from 1964 to which I reference items I find. It is unused and in excellent condition, I am sure my father was not aware it existed under the pile of stamps he had yet to sort through. Please let me know if you know what this is.